Bulgaria to Discuss EU Funding Options for Hemus Motorway
Bulgaria’s caretaker Transport Minister Nikolina Angelkova will discuss opportunities for using EU funding for the Hemus motorway at a meeting in Brussels.
Angelkova is to meet with the new EU Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Cretu on her first day in office at the European Commission.
Angelkova is also to present the projects proposed by Bulgaria under operational program Transport 2014-2020, which has a budget of almost EUR 2 B, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
In the beginning of October, Angelkova emphasized that the assignment for the first section of the motorway connecting Yablanitsa and Pleven had had been prepared and that procedures for selecting a contractor were underway.
She announced that construction works could start in spring 2015, adding that Bulgaria had proposed to build the entire Hemus motorway under the 2014-2020 operational program Transport, adding that a loan from the European Investment Bank (EIB) would be used for the section from Veliko Tarnovo to Shumen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria