Bulgaria-Macedonia Rail Line to Start Functioning in 2022
Macedonia’s Transport Minister Mile Janakieski expects the Bulgaria-Macedonia rail line to start functioning in 2022.
The transport ministers of Bulgaria, Macedonia, and Albania participated Friday in a conference held in Sofia.
The participants in Friday’s event made clear that the first stage of the rail line from Kumanovo to Belyakovtsi was being built, while the construction of the second stretch to Kriva Palanka and the third section to Gyueshevo was to start in 2015 and 2017, respectively, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television.
The three countries will apply for EU funding for the finalization of the Trans-European Corridor 8.
Albanian Transport Minister Edmond Haxhinasto announced that Trans-European Corridor 8 was essential for the country, especially for its ports.
Haxhinasto said that Albania was striving to not lag behind Macedonia in the work on the project.
The three ministers agreed to set up a working group and to elect a coordinator of the joint project and to organize a trilateral meeting of the transport ministers on an annual basis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Welcome in Greece with Negative Rapid Antigen Covid Test
- » Bulgarian NRA Collected BGN 4 Мillion Unpaid Taxes in 7 Days
- » Greece Accepts Bulgarian Tourists with Rapid Antigen Test
- » Tata Motors, Tata Power Inaugurate India's Largest Solar Carport in Pune
- » Can Bulgarian Tourism Survive without Foreigners This Summer?
- » Effects of Bitcoin Halving on Miners and Investors