Bulgaria Counts on Austria's Support for Schengen Bid - PM
Austria will support Bulgaria in its commitment to reform, the country's President Heinz Fischer made clear on Friday while meeting caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki.
Austria's head of state arrived in Bulgaria on Thursday to mark the 135th anniversary since the two countries established diplomatic relations.
Fischer voiced his confidence that the excellent cooperation between Bulgaria and Austria within the EU will continue.
The Austrian President however pointed out that Bulgaria needed to do more in fighting corruption and legal security.
Interim Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki said he and Fischer were sending a message of humility to politicians.
Speaking of bilateral relations, he placed emphasis on cooperation in the fields of education, science and culture, which was "of particular importance" to Bulgaria alongside investment.
He reminded that 1996 investment from Austria was at approximately EUR 6 B and trade turnover was nearly EUR 1 B.
Bliznashki asserted a new Bulgarian government would be formed by November 10.
A Bulgaria-Austria business forum is to take place on Friday and to be attended by over 50 Austrian representatives who flew with Fischer to Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country