Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
Nearly 13 000 households are still without electricity in Bulgaria's north-east and another 10 000 experience disruptions in its north-central regions after the first snow for 2014 fell on Saturday.
Electricity distribution companies (EDCs) are now seeking to restore the supply of electricity, but damaged infrastructure that was affected by the severe weather condition in these and other regions (like posts that had fallen down) is complicating the situation, the website Dariknews.bg reports.
Hundreds of villages and some towns are still severely effected or even fully cut off from power supply due to the sharp decrease in temperatures which brought the snowfall after an Indian summer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C