Bulgarian Lawmaker 'Bat Sali' Complains of 'Discrimination'
The controversial DPS lawmaker Aleksandar Metodiev, dubbed "Bat Sali", has said protesters demanding his resignation are discriminating against him.
Metodiev was sworn in on Monday as a lawmaker from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) when Parliament held its inaugural session, amid protests demanding he should not assume office.
He topped the election list of the DPS in a constituency (10th Electoral District) of 62 000 where his party got only 800 votes, but managed to produce an MP due to redistribution of expat votes (it got nearly half of all 135 000 ballots cast abroad).
"This is personally against Aleksandar Metodiev, not against the law. This is because the gypsy (sic!) Metodiev stemmed the flow on gypsy vote-buying. I am not ready to give up, because Kyustendil and Dupnitsa are not Bulgaria. These are bought protests against the person Aleksandar Metodiev," he told reporters.
"The solution is to change the law," he added, but was quick to declare "the problem is not the law, the problem is that [the protest is] against the gypsy Aleksandar Metodiev."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Is Who in Proposed Bulgarian Government
- » GERB Party will not Support a Cabinet Proposed by There is such a people party
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev