Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
Code Red warning for heavy rain was declared in three Bulgarian districts - Smolyan, Kardzhali and Haskovo, Saturday.
The situation in the Smolyan village of Banite is critical because of a flooding and landslides, the center of the town of Haskovo is under water, Nova TV reports. At some places the rainfall has reached 90 liters per square meter.
The snow is about 8 cm in Sofia, 30 cm at Charni Vrah summit of VItosha Mountain, 25 cm in the Rhodope Mountain – all vehicles at the passes Pamporovo, Rozhen and Prevala must be equipped with snow chains. There are also fallen trees on the roads.
The lanes of the highways Hemus and Trakia are snowy and icy, Nova TV informs. The Ministry of Interior has closed the highway Trakia in both directions in order for the snow to be cleaned.
Because of an active landslide the road to Bansko is closed for heavy goods vehicles.
- » Greece Launches a Campaign against Plastic Pollution - No Single-Use Plastics by June 2020
- » Disease Turns Deer into Zombies and IT IS NOT A JOKE!
- » Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures Between 21C and 26C
- » 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake in Philippines
- » 4.8 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in California
- » Warm Weather Today, Temperatures of 22C to 27C