Two Dead in US Washington State School Shooting
US high school student opened fire in the cafeteria Friday, killing a girl and wounding four other people before fatally shooting himself.
The shooting occurred at Marysville Pilchuck High School near Seattle.
The four students, including two cousins of the gunman, were shot in the head, with three severely wounded, the BBC reports.
Officials said the gunman, identified by local media as Jaylen Fryberg, died at the scene.
Classmates described him as popular, and just last week, he was crowned homecoming prince at a football game. One student told reporters that Fryberg had been rebuffed by one of the female victims of the shooting, saying: "It was a fight over a girl."
Federal authorities have confirmed the weapon used in the shooting was purchased legally.
- » Boris Johnson: After Brexit We will Put People before Passports
- » Pompeo to Mitsotakis: Greece is a Major US Ally
- » Iran has Requested Assistance from the US and France to Read the Ukrainian Plane's Black Boxes on its Territory
- » US and France Agreed to Extend the Negotiations on the Digital Tax
- » President Putin Submitted a Package of Constitutional Amendments to Parliament
- » Tehran Won't Withdraw from the 2015 Nuclear Deal?