Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
The Plovdiv District Prosecutor’s Office has pressed charges against the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of the Brezovo Municipality, the Municipal Secretary, and a banking official in a case concerning numerous flawed attestations by a notary.
The four were arrested in a special operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) on Thursday.
The defendants have been released on bail.
The Mayor of the Brezovo Municipality, Radnyo Manolov, has been imposed a bail of BGN 5000, while Deputy Mayor Dimitar Tomov and Municipal Secretary Stoyna Maleshkova have been released on a bail of BGN 1000, and Stoyanka Stoyanova, head of a local office of the DSK Bank, has been imposed a bail of BGN 2000, according to a media statement of the prosecuting authority, as cited by dnevnik.bg.
The defendants have been charged with forging notarial attestationsof transactions with sums accumulated in pension funds.
At least 114 notarial attestations of signatures took place at the Brezovo Municipality in the period January 17, 2014 – October 2, 2014.
Over 130 witnesses have been questioned so far and the investigation into the case continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5