Deposits In Bulgaria's Banks Up BGN 531 M In September
The deposits in Bulgaria's banks grew by BGN 531 M in September, shows data of the Bulgarian National Bank.
This is the second consecutive month with growth, after the summer bank troubles when depositors were withdrawing large sums.
At the same time the lending activities remain relatively weak – in September the banks gave BGN 342 M in credits.
The share of bad credits, which have not been paid for more than 90 days has increased to 22.8%, amounting to BGN 9.925 B - mostly due to company credits. According to BNB the hike is caused by the suspension of all activities of Corporate Commercial Bank.
In spite the summer bank troubles, the data shows that the households retain their trust in the banks. According to the BNB data, in September the households and the business deposited around BGN 200 M each.
The household deposits in September reached BGN 39.183 B, those of the non-government sector – BGN 58.91 B and the non-financial enterprises – BGN 16.211 B.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria’s National Bank increased the Main Interest Rate for February
- » Financier: In Bulgaria, We’ve been Using Euro, which is called Lev, in a ratio of 2 to 1 for 25 Years Now
- » Bulgaria’s National Bank Withdraws Old Banknotes with Denomination of BGN 20 from Circulation – Check Where You can Change yours!
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Facts about Crude Oil that Every Trader Should Know