GERB, Patriotic Front Agree On Coalition Support For Government
The right-centre GERB and the nationalist Patriotic Front reached an agreement on coalition support for the new government.
During the three-hour meeting between GERB leader Boyko Borisov and Patriotic Front leaders Valeri Simeonov and Krasimir Karakachanov on Thursday afternoon the parties agreed that the Front will support the GERB programme without necessarily getting ministerial seats.
“We agreed that they (the Patriotic Front) will sign the GERB governance programme, but not at the price of personal involvement in the next government,” Rumyana Bachvarova of the GERB negotiation team told journalists. “We will continue discussing the form of the common governance. At the first meeting we discussed the priorities, today we discussed 94 specifici suggestions from the Patriotic Front programme and I think it was a very fruitful discussion.”
According to Bachvarova, the discussions on the matters on which agreement was not yet reached, will continue in a working group format. “We have a common opinion on the most important matters such as the country's financial stability, the energy sector and the future of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).”
“We are literally on the verge of eventual signing of a programme for stable governance,” Valeri Simeonov told journalists after the meeting. “It is more important for us to have a document and this is the first step of assuming our responsibility – to sign the programme and support it and follow closely its implementation.”
According to Simeonov, the political council of the Front decided that no political figures are going to participate in the government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How will Bulgarians Pay and Vote Electronically in the Future
- » Bulgarian Political Party blocked a Road in Protest of North Macedonia’s EU Membership
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: We give you Gas at Excellent Prices, Direct Flights will be Restored
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgarian PM: The Word “Corruption” addressed to Putin is an Insult
- » The Metal Bars put at the Entrance of Bulgaria’s Parliament will be Removed
- » The Defense Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia: We are Ready to Strengthen Cooperation