7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
A code orange weather alert for heavy rain and strong wind has been issued for 7 Bulgarian districts, including Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Lovech, Gabrovo and Veliko Tarnovo.
The districts of Kardzhali and Veliko Tarnovo are expected to see heavy rain combined with strong wind, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
In the western and southern parts of the country, the rain started on Wednesday night and it is expected to spread throughout the country, with total amounts of 15-30 liters of rain per square meter predicted.
In Western and Central Bulgaria, the total amount of rain is to reach 50-60 liters per square meter.
Due to the strong rain, meteorologists have issued a code red weather alert for the Varbitsa River near Zlatograd.
River levels are expected to increase, especially in western and central Bulgaria.
Meanwhile, temperatures are expected to drop by over 10 degrees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for High Temperatures in Bulgaria, up to 40 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Hottest July Week is Coming
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Calm
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Dry Period Begins
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rainfall in Western and Northern Bulgaria
- » 170 Forest Fires Extinguished in Bulgaria for 24 hours