7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
A code orange weather alert for heavy rain and strong wind has been issued for 7 Bulgarian districts, including Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Lovech, Gabrovo and Veliko Tarnovo.
The districts of Kardzhali and Veliko Tarnovo are expected to see heavy rain combined with strong wind, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
In the western and southern parts of the country, the rain started on Wednesday night and it is expected to spread throughout the country, with total amounts of 15-30 liters of rain per square meter predicted.
In Western and Central Bulgaria, the total amount of rain is to reach 50-60 liters per square meter.
Due to the strong rain, meteorologists have issued a code red weather alert for the Varbitsa River near Zlatograd.
River levels are expected to increase, especially in western and central Bulgaria.
Meanwhile, temperatures are expected to drop by over 10 degrees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Some Rain and Sun Afterwards can be Expected with Max Temp 11°-16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Scattered Clouds and Max Temp Between 18°-23°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 17°-22°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max Temp Between 16°-21°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Few Clouds and Mostly Sunny Today with Max Temp 15°-20°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Decrease of Clouds and Rain with Max Temp Between 13°-18°C