7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
A code orange weather alert for heavy rain and strong wind has been issued for 7 Bulgarian districts, including Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Lovech, Gabrovo and Veliko Tarnovo.
The districts of Kardzhali and Veliko Tarnovo are expected to see heavy rain combined with strong wind, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
In the western and southern parts of the country, the rain started on Wednesday night and it is expected to spread throughout the country, with total amounts of 15-30 liters of rain per square meter predicted.
In Western and Central Bulgaria, the total amount of rain is to reach 50-60 liters per square meter.
Due to the strong rain, meteorologists have issued a code red weather alert for the Varbitsa River near Zlatograd.
River levels are expected to increase, especially in western and central Bulgaria.
Meanwhile, temperatures are expected to drop by over 10 degrees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow Expected in the Northwest, Rainfall to Ease Up
- » Innovative Graphene Method Redefines Concrete Recycling
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Snow Await Us
- » Bulgaria Shows Promise in Green Transition but Faces Challenges
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Minus Temperatures and Fog
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Colder with Snowfall in Some Regions