Regional Environment Inspectorate Head Arrested for Soliciting Bribe
Ognyan Borisov, head of the Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Water (RIEW) in the town of Pernik, has been arrested for soliciting a bribe.
A special police operation conducted by the Criminal Police Directorate of the Interior on Tuesday resulted in the arrest of Borisov and another official of the Pernik-based RIEW unit.
During the police operation, two Sofia residents were arrested in the region of the western village of Vladaya.
The two men, 39-year-old Ognyan Borisov, and another 31-year-old official of the RIEW - Pernik, had been travelling in a car.
The investigation was launched on a tip-off submitted by a company for a bribe solicited by Ognyan Borisov in exchange for terminating an administrative penal procedure envisaging a hefty financial penalty.
Borisov and the other official of the inspectorate were arrested for a period of up to 24 hours.
Preliminary proceedings were opened into the case under Article 302 of the Penal Code under the direct supervision of the District Prosecutor’s Office in Pernik.
39-year-old Ognyan Borisov was appointed head of the Pernik-based RIEW in July 2014, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
Prior to that, Borisov had worked at the Border Police Directorate of the Interior and at Sofia Airport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria