Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
All members of the Bulgarian team won medals at the XIX International Astronomy Olympiad in Bishkek.
The event took place on October 13-21, 2014 and brought together schoolchildren from over 20 countries.
The Bulgarian team returned home late on Tuesday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Bulgarian medalists told journalists that their success had been achieved thanks to year-round preparation.
They said that their major rivals at the competition had been the participants from India, Indonesia, Russia and Romania.
The young astronomers said they would most probably pursue a degree abroad but they did not rule out a career in Bulgaria.
They said that there were a number of astronomers who were involved in serious research at Bulgaria’s Rozhen National Astronomical Observatory.
They also informed that Bulgaria would host the next international astronomy Olympiad in the autumn of 2015.
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website
- » 200,000 Bulgarian Students will get Lockers and not Carry Heavy Backpacks
- » The Bulgarian State will Make Preschool Compulsory for 4-year-olds