GERB, Reformist Bloc Take ‘Step Forward’ in Coalition Talks
At a meeting that was not announced in advance, the Reformist bloc and GERB have come one step closer to а coalition agreement, according to a statement of Rumyana Bachvarova from Bulgaria’s biggest party.
Тhe meeting was attended by the leaders of the five main parties in the Reformist bloc and GERB’s leader Boyko Borisov.
"We invited the representatives of the Reformist bloc considering that we have the slightest differences with them. We have clarified our position on matters which so far were not entirely clear," Rumyana Bachvarova explained, as quoted by Dnevnik.bg.
“The meeting was not about signing a coalition agreement, but at this point we have cleared up our positions," said Buchvarova.
According to Radan Kanev, one of the Reformist bloc leaders, no personal appointments at the future government were discussed at the meeting. As for an eventual coalition agreement, it can happen only after talks with Bulgaria’s Socialist Party, the Patriotic Front and ABV.
During today's meeting a possible coalition with the participation of the Patriotic Front was discussed. "In principle it was discussed as one of the best options for a majority and a government", said Kanev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev