Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
Bulgarian Ministry of Environment and Water has warned of heavy rains throughout the country at the end of the week.
The forecast is for a rainy Wednesday in the Western and Southern Bulgarian regions, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
On October 23, Thursday, heavy downpours are expected with estimated quantities of between 15 and 30 l/sq.m, in some areas up 40-50 l/sq.m.
As a result of the rains, a Code Red warning has been issued for the river Varbitsa near Zlatograd.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City