Man Dies after Falling Down Elevator Shaft in Sofia
A man died after falling down an elevator shaft in Sofia Saturday night, according to the Sofia Interior Ministry Directorate.
The incident happened at around 10:30 pm on Saturday in a block of flats in the Geo Milev residential district, according to reports of private TV station Nova TV.
The elevator got stuck between floors, trapping a man and a woman inside.
They called the maintenance company.
However, the man tried to get out as the woman had felt sick.
The 53-year-old man did not manage to climb out of the elevator but fell down the pit and died, according to reports of Sega daily.
The woman was taken to hospital with a hypertensive crisis
The incident happened in a newly-built block of flats.
On August 19, an elevator plummeted from the 9th floor of a block of flats on the Tsarigradsko Shosse Blvd in Sofia, killing 46-year-old Tsvetelina Radulcheva and injuring 41-year-old Maria Vaklinova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland Halts Regular Travel from Estonia as Part of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Humanoid Robots Find Increasingly New Niches Amid Pandemic
- » Politico: Bulgaria’s Bumpy Road to Vaccination Targets
- » Trials of Magical Anti-Covid Nasal Spray Started off in UK
- » Germany Will Buy The Covid Drug Used on Donald Trump
- » Oxfam Report: Pandemic Makes The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get Poorer