Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
The European Commission warned Bulgaria that it might sue it in the Court of the European Union over the Natura 2000 network and bird protection, reports the Sega daily.
According to Brussels, Bulgaria must take urgent measures for enlarging the Natura 2000 network and take additional measures for bird protection.
Currently Bulgaria has 114 protected zones, but the size of some of them, mostly in the Rila mountain, is below the required minimum and they have to be enlarged.
If Bulgaria fails to do so within two months, the EC will take the case to the Court of the EU, warned the Commission.
This is the second occasion on which the EC take issue with bird protection in Bulgaria. The first one was in 2008 and concerned the protected zones in Kaliakra, where the large wind parks pose danger to the migrating birds. The case is already in the EU court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lena Borislavova from WCC: Kindergartens and Nurseries will be Free
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold with Temperatures in Sofia between 1°C and minus 2°C
- » Orange Code for Heavy Rainfall, Snowfall and Strong Wind Announced for 3 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rainfall that will turn into Snow with Temperatures Reaching -1°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Cloudy with Max. Temperatures Between 11°C and 16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds with Max. Temperatures Between 7°C and 12°C