Iva Yordanova Takes Over Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
Iva Yordanova, an adviser of interim Deputy Prime Minister Iliyana Tsanova, is the new head of the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad, the government's press office has announced.
Yordanova is to assume office after Yordan Yanev was dismissed following reports of violations in the issuance of certificates for Bulgarian origin to foreign citizens.
She will take the post of a deputy head at the agency, which hasn't had a Chairperson since last year.
Sources from the Council of Ministers told daily Sega that it would be up to the next government to appoint a Chair.
Ivanova is an International Business graduate from Berkeley College (US) and holds a Master Degree from Bulgaria's G. S. Rakovski National Defense Academy.
Since the interim cabinet was formed, she was in charge of overseeing activities at the agencies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend