Bulgaria Ranks World's 20th In Internet Speed, Accessibility
Bulgaria ranks at the 20-th position in the global Net Index Explorer for broadband internet accessibility and speed.
The survey was presented by Bulgaria's Society for Electronic Communications (SEC).
The leaders in the rankings are Hong Kong, Singapore, Romania, South Korea, Lithuania, Sweden, Switzerland, Macao, the Netherlands and Andorra.
The average download speed in Bulgaria is 33.5 Mbps and the average upload speed is 22.8 Mbps. For comparison, in Romania the download speed is 55.7 Mbps for download and 29.3 Mbps for upload.
According to SEC, the main reason for the good internet speed in Bulgaria is the fragmentation and competitiveness of the ISP sector in the country.
The regional ISPs play a key role both in setting speed and offering good prices, but the SEC expects that the market consolidation will lead to change in conditions for end users and higher prices.
According to the survey, Bulgaria has 600 regional ISPs, which provide internet to more than 45% of the users. The top 10 positions in the country ranking are taken by regional providers.
The fastest internet is in the towns of Pazardzhik, Rakovski and Troyan and the slowest is in Varna.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Business Proposes a Package of 54 additional Anti-crisis Measures
- » Fast Train Varna-Sofia Derails, No Passenger Injured
- » Travel Quarantine Rules in Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Spain, France and other Countries
- » 14-Day Quarantine for Arriving in Bulgaria will be Lifted Soon: National Operations Headquarters
- » Cyprus Announced 10 New Measures to Fight the Crisis
- » Association of Restaurants - 20% of Bulgarian Restaurants have gone Bankrupt