Bulgaria Ranks World's 20th In Internet Speed, Accessibility
Bulgaria ranks at the 20-th position in the global Net Index Explorer for broadband internet accessibility and speed.
The survey was presented by Bulgaria's Society for Electronic Communications (SEC).
The leaders in the rankings are Hong Kong, Singapore, Romania, South Korea, Lithuania, Sweden, Switzerland, Macao, the Netherlands and Andorra.
The average download speed in Bulgaria is 33.5 Mbps and the average upload speed is 22.8 Mbps. For comparison, in Romania the download speed is 55.7 Mbps for download and 29.3 Mbps for upload.
According to SEC, the main reason for the good internet speed in Bulgaria is the fragmentation and competitiveness of the ISP sector in the country.
The regional ISPs play a key role both in setting speed and offering good prices, but the SEC expects that the market consolidation will lead to change in conditions for end users and higher prices.
According to the survey, Bulgaria has 600 regional ISPs, which provide internet to more than 45% of the users. The top 10 positions in the country ranking are taken by regional providers.
The fastest internet is in the towns of Pazardzhik, Rakovski and Troyan and the slowest is in Varna.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Second University Goes To Remote Learning
- » Analysis: Energy Policy in Bulgaria – Too Much Of Everything
- » First Bulgarian University Under Quarantine: 19 Infected Students at the Medical University in Pleven
- » Statue of Mahatma Gandhi To Be Installed in Bulgaria to Mark His 150th Birth Anniversary
- » Big TV Reshuffle in Bulgaria
- » Coronavirus: Masks Made Mandatory Outdoors Across Serbia