Plovdiv to Receive BGN 20 M to Implement 2019 European Capital of Culture Program
Bulgaria’s southern city of Plovdiv is to receive a total of BGN 20 million to implement the program with which it won the European Capital of Culture (ECOC) competition for 2019.
The amount of the financial resources to be received by Plovdiv was specified in a letter of Bulgaria’s caretaker Finance Minister Rumen Porozhanov to the Mayor of Plovdiv, Ivan Totev.
The money is to be allocated under the state budget for the next few years to come.
Plovdiv is also to seek additional funding at a later stage of the implementation of the program for regional schemes involving other localities, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Bulgaria’s Ministry of Culture is to set up a working group to help Plovdiv implement the program.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us