GERB, Reformist Bloc Fail To Agree On Government
After more than six hours of consultations, the centre-right GERB and the coalition Reformist Bloc (RB) failed to agree on forming a government.
Tsetska Tsacheva told journalists at a briefing in Parliament on Wednesday that it was impossible to form a government only by GERB and the RB. Rumyana Bachvarova, member of the GERB executive committee said they were not sure if they could count on the RB for support.
“Of course we got many answers, but, unfortunately, didn't get the answer to the most important question - how would we form a stable government, without being clear on how reliable partner the Reformist Block can be,” Tsacheva said.
Both Bachvarova and Tsacheva said GERB insists on the signing of a coalition agreement and on Boyko Borisov being a prime minister. Bachvarova dismissed any options for further negotiations with the RB at the time being.
Petar Moskov of the RB said the coalition was willing to continue the negotiations with GERB and make compromises on some matters.
“We are ready for a constructive conversation,” Moskov said. “From our point of view, there are all opportunities for achieving good results in forming a government. On our part we are ready and willing by the end of this week to give proof and dispel GERB's doubts on our reliability.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria, Valeri Simeonov: The Government Remains, And So Does the Prime Minister
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: I Am Ready to Step Down at Any Moment
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » Former British Minister Arrested on Saturday for Alleged Rape
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania