Competition Protection Commission Fines Cable Services Provider BGN 900 000
Bulgaria's Competition Protection Commission (CPC) imposed a fine of BGN 887 260 to the communications and television provider Blizoo.
The sum, which equals 1% of the company's net income for 2013, is a penalty for an unscrupulous trade practice and potential infringement of the interests of the competition and the consumers.
The sanction came after a consumer complained that in 2012 Blizoo offered him a promotional package with extra sports channels with a 12 or 18-month contract, but six months into the contract terminated the broadcast of said channels, without notifying him.
At the same time the operator launched a new promotional package with the same sports channels, but for an extra sum.
“Thus the subscribers who were already bound by a contract for a package of TV channels, including the additional sports ones, had to pay extra, if they wanted to keep them,” the CPC noted in its statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » Bulgaria returns to Growth of Brain Business Jobs in 2021
- » InterContinental Sofia - The Only Hotel in Bulgaria to receive a Green Key Certificate 2022
- » CFD Trading in 2023: What do you Need to Know?
- » Improvement of the Business Climate in Bulgaria in November