Bulgaria's Government Dismisses Head Of Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
Bulgaria's caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki dismissed the head of the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad, Yordan Yanev, reports news.bg.
An investigation of the activities of the agency is also launched.
The request for establishing of violations of the procedures for issuing of certificates for Bulgarian origin to foreign citizens, was formally made by deputy PM Iliana Tsanova, after media publications.
According to them, in the period 2011-2013 the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad has issued thousands of certificates for Bulgarian origin to citizens of Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia, without having received any proof of their Bulgarian origins.
This was established after an inspection was carried out by the Supreme Administrative Public Prosecutor’s Office at the request of the Ministry of Justice late last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 79 Passed Without Escalation of Tension
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 255 Newly Registered Cases, 19828 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunderstorms Over the Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 290 Newly Registered Cases, 6 Death
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 78: Procession to the Headquarters of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms
- » Russia Will Supply Bulgaria With a Drug Against COVID-19