At Least BGN 0.5B More Needed for Healthcare in 2015 – Expert
At least BGN 0.5B more is needed for healthcare in 2015, President of the Bulgarian Medical Association, Dr. Tsvetan Raychinov said in an interview for Bulgaria's Telegraph Agency.
"The money for next year's healthcare sector should not be less than this year's, including the update of BGN 225M that was already made once this year, and the BGN 117M for next year," Raychinov noted.
According to him, this will only guarantee that the sector functions as well as it does this year, but will not include any new procedures, and will not allow introducing price adjustments. At least another BGN 500M is needed, said the chairman of the BMA.
If there is no update of the National health insurance fund budget, it is possible to have doctor and patient protests as doctors and nurses will lose their salaries, while patients will be left without treatment, Raychinov claimed, Darik news reports.
The proposal of the professional organization for next year is for the state to start paying the full amount of health insurance contributions. According to Raychinov, this is the only solution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 100 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 19 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours