Stepan Poltorak Appointed Ukraine Defense Minister
Ukraine's Parliament has approved Stepan Poltorak to take over the Defense Ministry from Valeriy Heletey.
The Verkhovna Rada voted overwhelmingly (245-1) in favor of his candidacy, Interfax Ukraine reports.
Poltorak previously headed the Ukrainian National Guard.
Heletey came under fire in Ukraine after the army suffered numerous defeats by pro-Russian rebels in the Donbass region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 121 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Withdraws from Sievierodonetsk, EU Candidate Status Granted
- » Day 120 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Russians are Tightening the Noose around Sievierodonetsk
- » Zelensky: I Thank Petkov for Supporting our Status as an EU Candidate
- » Germany Published a List of Weapons that will Give to Ukraine
- » Day 119 of the Invasion of Ukraine: American “Nazi Hunter” to head the War Crimes Commission
- » Day 118 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia has Taken Over all of Sievierodonetsk except “Azot”