Meglena Kuneva's Party to Hold Internal Referendum on RB Role in Gov't
Movement Bulgaria for Citizens (DBG) is to hold an intra-party referendum on its members' attitude to participation in the next government.
The poll is to take place between October 14 and 17, according to a statement sent out to the media.
It will include two questions: 1) Do you agree that the Reformist Bloc [RB] can take part in a coalition government within the newly-elected Parliament?; 2) Which parties and coalitions within the current Parliament do you accept as coalition partners?
Three of the seven (apart from RB) parties that made it into the new legislature elected on October 5 are excluded from the second question, namely the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) and nationalist Ataka.
The RB announced Thursday it could not hold any talks with them, since they "supported the Oresharski cabinet".
Kuneva's DBG is a key party within the Reformist Bloc, a right-wing alliance which had the fourth-largest support in the early elections.
Its leader had shared its intentions to have a referendum as early as October 5, hours after the first results were announced.
The Reformist Bloc has so far sent mixed signals with regard to its position on a future coalition cabinet.
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Leave Door Open for New Gov't Talks
- » CEC Fines DPS For Campaign Trail Solicitation In Foreign Language
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Begin Work on October 27
- » Ataka's Volen Siderov Leaves Consultations at Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria's GERB, Reformist Bloc to Hold Gov't Consultations
- » GERB, DPS Talks on Government Formation Kick Off