Smart Traffic Lights To Regulate Public Transport In Sofia
The traffic lights at 20 of the busiest Sofia intersections will be updated to allow public transport vehicles to cross faster, reports the Pressa daily.
The traffic lights at 20 intersections along the main Sofia boulevards will track the public transport vehicles through their built-in GPS modules and will become fully operational in July 2015.
According to deputy mayor Lyubomir Hristov, the new system will let the trams, trolleybusses and busses to cross the congested intersection faster if they are running behind schedule.
In his words, the implementation of the new traffic system will decrease the congestions by 20% and will speed up traffic.
The project would cost EUR 5.2 M, part of the Integrated Public Transport programme, financed by the EU Regional Development Programme.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Bulgarian was found Stabbed in the center of Athens
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun in the East, Rain in the West
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 113 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 20 New Cases in the Last 24 hours