Bulgaria Inks Kozloduy NPP Unit 5 Life Extension Deal with Russian-French Consortium
The life of unit 5 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy nuclear power plant may be extended by up to 60 years, according to a media statement of the N-plant.
Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP announced Thursday that it had signed a contract on the extension of the life of unit 5 with a French-Russian consortium consisting of Russian companies Rosenergoatom and Rosatom Service and France’s Electricite de France (EDF).
According to a media statement published on the website of Rosenergoatom, the project is to be implemented as soon as possible.
The program for the extension of the life of unit 5 of the Kozloduy NPP has been approved by Bulgaria’s Nuclear Regulatory Agency.
Rosenergoatom and EDF are already taking part in the preparations for the extension of the life of units 5 and 6 of the Kozloduy NPP as their licenses expire in 2017 and 2019, respectively.
According to the media statement, similar steps are to be undertaken for the extension of the life of unit 6 of the Kozloduy NPP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All Hydro- and Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria Activated to Compensate for Turned off Reactor of Kozloduy NPP
- » Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020