Bulgaria's Retail Trade Turnover Posts Modest Increase M/M in August
According to the preliminary seasonally adjusted data of Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute, the turnover in retail trade increased by 0.4% in August compared to the previous month.
In August 2014 the working day adjusted turnover in retail trade, except for motor vehicles and motorcycles grew by 4.5% in comparison with the same month of the previous year.
A decrease was registered in the retail sale via mail order or via internet – 1.8%, in the retail sale in non-specialized stores – 0.5%, in the retail sale of textiles, clothing, footwear and leather goods and in the retail sale of computers, peripheral units and software; telecommunications equipment-0.4% and in the retail sale of audio and video equipment; hardware, paints and glass; electrical household appliances-0.2%.
In August compared to the same month of 2013 the turnover increased more significantly in the retail sale via mail order or via internet by 21.0%, in the retail sale of automotive fuel by 11.1%, in the retail sale of computers, peripheral units and software; telecommunications equipment by 5.5% and in the retail sale of food, beverages and tobacco by 4.8%.
A decrease was registered in the retail sale in non-specialized stores-4.1% and in the retail sale of audio and video equipment; hardware, paints and glass; electrical household appliances-1.3%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started