98% Gallup Parallel Tabulation: DPS Close To Becoming Second Power
A parallel tabulation of 98% of the votes, done by the Gallup agency and quoted by the BNT national broadcaster, shows that the ethnic Movement for Rights And Freedoms (DPS) is very close to becoming the second largest party in Bulgaria's Parliament.
According to the latest data, the Bulgarian Socialist Party gets 15.5% of the votes, while DPS gets 15.2%.
First is GERB with 33.5%. The Reformist Bloc remains at the fourth position with 8.5%, followed by the Patriotic Front with 7.2%, Bulgaria Without Censorship with 5.5%, Ataka – 4.6% and ABV – 4.3%.
The bTV national channel reported that, not surprisingly, DPS is the most preferred party among Turkish voters with dual Bulgarian citizenship. Voter turnout there was high and DPS might gain another 45 000 - 50 000 votes.
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Leave Door Open for New Gov't Talks
- » CEC Fines DPS For Campaign Trail Solicitation In Foreign Language
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Begin Work on October 27
- » Ataka's Volen Siderov Leaves Consultations at Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria's GERB, Reformist Bloc to Hold Gov't Consultations
- » GERB, DPS Talks on Government Formation Kick Off