Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Flu Vaccination Coverage
Bulgaria ranks last among European countries in terms of the implementation of preventive measures against the flu, especially the use of the seasonal flu vaccine.
Doctors recommend vaccination particularly to the elderly, people suffering from diabetes, heart diseases and chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis.
"Unfortunately, Bulgaria is among the countries with the lowest immunization coverage - below 3 percent, in contrast to many countries such as France, England, Germany, where the percentage is 45% or more," said Dr. Ina Kamenova from the Health Ministry as cited by Nova TV.
One of the reasons why Bulgarians do not use the flu vaccine is the popular belief that it is not effective against the virus.
- » Flu Epidemic Kills 5 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is at the Forefront of EU Cases and Mortality from Cervical Cancer
- » BFSA: Restrictions for Bulgarian Farmers Partially Lifted
- » Flu Epidemic is Announced in Silistra and Haskovo
- » Flu Epidemic Declared in Sliven Region
- » 5-Year-Old Died in Blagoevgrad After Flu Complications