Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Flu Vaccination Coverage
Bulgaria ranks last among European countries in terms of the implementation of preventive measures against the flu, especially the use of the seasonal flu vaccine.
Doctors recommend vaccination particularly to the elderly, people suffering from diabetes, heart diseases and chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis.
"Unfortunately, Bulgaria is among the countries with the lowest immunization coverage - below 3 percent, in contrast to many countries such as France, England, Germany, where the percentage is 45% or more," said Dr. Ina Kamenova from the Health Ministry as cited by Nova TV.
One of the reasons why Bulgarians do not use the flu vaccine is the popular belief that it is not effective against the virus.
- » Increase in Palm Oil Consumption in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's EUR 24.9 Million Ambulance Supply Tender Attracts Seven Bids
- » Ministry of Health to Open Bids for Delivery of 400 Emergency Ambulances
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Lifts Ban on Poultry Markets
- » Rise in Incidence of Lyme Disease, Marseilles Fever, Dysentery and Salmonella in Bulgaria
- » Euronews: How to Kill Thousands of Animals in a Few Days, Bulgaria's Battle with Livestock Plague