Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Flu Vaccination Coverage
Bulgaria ranks last among European countries in terms of the implementation of preventive measures against the flu, especially the use of the seasonal flu vaccine.
Doctors recommend vaccination particularly to the elderly, people suffering from diabetes, heart diseases and chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis.
"Unfortunately, Bulgaria is among the countries with the lowest immunization coverage - below 3 percent, in contrast to many countries such as France, England, Germany, where the percentage is 45% or more," said Dr. Ina Kamenova from the Health Ministry as cited by Nova TV.
One of the reasons why Bulgarians do not use the flu vaccine is the popular belief that it is not effective against the virus.
- » Next year the Health Budget in Bulgaria will Increase by About BGN 490 Million
- » Around 500 Bulgarian Doctors Leave the Country every Year
- » Bulgaria Reports Bird Flu Outbreak on Two Farms in South
- » Availability of Organic Products on the Rise in Bulgaria
- » UAE Ministry Bans Chicken Imports from Bulgaria
- » Researchers Identify Erectile Dysfunction Gene