Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Flu Vaccination Coverage
Bulgaria ranks last among European countries in terms of the implementation of preventive measures against the flu, especially the use of the seasonal flu vaccine.
Doctors recommend vaccination particularly to the elderly, people suffering from diabetes, heart diseases and chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis.
"Unfortunately, Bulgaria is among the countries with the lowest immunization coverage - below 3 percent, in contrast to many countries such as France, England, Germany, where the percentage is 45% or more," said Dr. Ina Kamenova from the Health Ministry as cited by Nova TV.
One of the reasons why Bulgarians do not use the flu vaccine is the popular belief that it is not effective against the virus.
- » EU Health Commissioner: The Measures taken by Bulgaria on Rinderpest are Strictly in Line with the EC’s Recommendations
- » Bulgaria Reports Another Case of Ovine Rinderpest
- » Dr. Ivayla Davidova, BFSA: The most Likely Cause of Rinderpest in Bulgaria is illegal Transportation of an Infected Animal from Turkey
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Plovdiv Hospital is Threatened to remain without Electricity