Bulgarian Animated Short Film Wins Prize In Hollywood
The Bulgarian animated short film “The Day Of The Bleeding Gums” won a prize for best animation and the Hollywood Weekly film festival in Los Angeles.
The film is directed by Dimitar Dimitrov – Animiter and tells the story of a day in the life of a painter. The script is by Dilian Elenkov.
Recently it won a the prize of the Union of Bulgarian Film Makers at the International Animated Film Festival in Varna.
“I drew the entire film on a smartphone,” Dimitrov tells Vesti.bg. “I decided to mock the entire world film industry with something of value, drawn on a phone. I wanted to show that one can make a good product without any pretence. Without hiring of people and equipment, without trying to draw the public attention, just to sit somewhere and create something. And then you release it to the world and watch the reactions.”
- » Georgi Gospodinov Won One of the Largest European Literature Awards
- » The Embassy of Spain in Bulgaria and the Instituto Cervantes- Sofía with a Unique Concert of Rosario Montoya
- » Mariya Gabriel Opens an Exhibition For Sofia at the European Commission
- » The Mona Lisa Returned to its Usual Place in the Louvre
- » Unique Mono Works Within the Exhibition "Okay"
- » Handmade Festival Open Doors in the National Palace of Culture