Bulgaria's Customs Officers Apprehend 54 Illegal Immigrants at Danube Bridge Checkpoint
Bulgaria's customs officers have apprehended 54 unidentified individuals – reportedly illegal immigrants – at checkpoint Danube Bridge, reports Nova TV.
A total of 46 Syrians and 8 Iraqi nationals were found Friday morning in a truck carrying heavy equipment to Germany, announced the Border Police in the city of Ruse.
All 54 people and the driver of the truck were detained.
Border Police Ruse reported that this is the largest group that has been apprehended at Danube Bridge checkpoint since the beginning of the year.
- » Serious Brawl and Physical Violence between Bulgarians and Englishmen in Bansko Last Week
- » Stones Hurled into Central Synagogue in Sofia (Photo)
- » One Killed, Two Injured in Swiss Avalanche
- » Fuel Pipeline Blaze in Mexico Kills at Least 73
- » Construction Worker Died in an Accident at Building Site in Plovdiv
- » Military Cargo Plane Crashes in Iran, 15 Killed