Labor Inspectorate Found Out 143 Violations before Closing Down Ammo Plant
Bulgaria's General Labor Inspectorate has issued a decree to close the explosives plant Midzhur, hours after a blast in the factory razed it to the ground killing 15 employees.
The plant, which is owned by the company Vitex JSC, will be prevented from operating only temporarily until the details around the explosion have been settled, the Executive Agency said in a statement.
Its move comes after interim Labor Minister Yordan Hristoskov promised the facility would never open again.
In its statement the inspectorate adds that as many as 143 violations were registered at the plant between January 1, 2010 and September 1, 2014, a stretch of time in which 20 inspections were carried out.
However, the agency underlines the issues did not pose an immediate threat to workers.
The reasons for the incident are yet to be established, but officials have cited a human error to be behind the explosion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Three Dead after a Car Accident in Stara Zagora region
- » Bulgaria: Two Workers Died during Excavation work in Pernik
- » A Bulgarian Woman is among the Seven Victims of the Landslide in Italy
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: A Tanker Exploded in Ruse - One Casualty Reported