600 Thousand Bulgarians Suffer from Diabetes – Expert
Some 9% of Bulgarians have diabetes, according to Dr. Natalia Temelkova, endocrinologist at Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia.
Temelkova noted that the actual number of people with diabetes in the country is probably around 600,000, BGNES reports. Childhood obesity rates in Bulgaria have reached 20%, which increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, the expert warns.
Worldwide, some 382 million people suffer from diabetes, and their number is expected to reach 592 million by 2030.
Diabetes is the most common cause of chronic kidney disease, blindness, as well as a risk factor for strokes, Nova TV reminds.
Experts advise to pay special attention to the balanced diet and rational nutrition, as well as physical activity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 168 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » WHO: Monkeypox is Not a Cause for Concern
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 236 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours