Donations in Bulgaria Hit Record Low in 2013
Record decline in donations in the country in 2013 was reported by the Bulgarian Donors' Forum.
For the first time in seven years the value of donations dropped by 22% compared to the previous year. This is mainly due to the decrease in donations from companies and the withdrawal of some foreign donors, explained the director of the organization Krasimira Velichkova.
Meanwhile, individual donations have increased by 17%, as people have donated nearly BGN 6M last year, Darik news reports.
Only 1.7% of individual donations in 2013 were in support of political parties, reported by the Bulgarian Donors' Forum.
- » Poland has Suffered from a Severe Hurricane.
- » TIR Truck Turned Upside Down on Trakia Highway
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Tickets for Webit.Festival are Now Fully Sold out
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana