Russia Successfully Places Satellite into Orbit
Russia's rocket Proton has managed to bring its telecommunications satellite called Beam into orbit, Russian space agency Roskosmos has announced.
Beam is expected to help GLONASS, the Russian satellite navigation system of the Russian Aerospace Defense Forces, to improve its precision.
The upgrade will make GLONASS virtually identical to the American GPS, the Russian Times wrote Sunday.
It will also improve communications with the Russian part of the International Space Station and also with launchers of other space devices.
The result of the operation was widely expected after an attempt with a similar rocket failed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » The United States has Provided Russia with written Answers on Security Questions
- » Lavrov: Russia has No Time to Negotiate with the EU and the OSCE
- » Russia has launched Military Maneuvers near Ukraine and in Annexed Crimea
- » Russia has added Navalny to the List of Terrorists and Extremists