Russia Successfully Places Satellite into Orbit
Russia's rocket Proton has managed to bring its telecommunications satellite called Beam into orbit, Russian space agency Roskosmos has announced.
Beam is expected to help GLONASS, the Russian satellite navigation system of the Russian Aerospace Defense Forces, to improve its precision.
The upgrade will make GLONASS virtually identical to the American GPS, the Russian Times wrote Sunday.
It will also improve communications with the Russian part of the International Space Station and also with launchers of other space devices.
The result of the operation was widely expected after an attempt with a similar rocket failed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Start Mass Vaccination against COVID-19 in Russia Next Week
- » Russia – The 5th Most Popular Bitcoin Investments Destination
- » Moscow Imposes New COVID-19 Rules for Bars and Discos
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement