Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » Around 500 Bulgarian Doctors Leave the Country every Year
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » Bulgaria Reports Bird Flu Outbreak on Two Farms in South
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Foreign Affairs Minister: Bulgarians in the UK have Nothing to Worry About
- » Children Opened an Exhibition of Tolerance in Bulgaria’s Parliament