Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 10 ° and 15 °
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria