Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » A Fire Affected about 1,000 Acres near Harmanli
- » Car Queues at the Border with Greece
- » Leonardo DiCaprio Donates $ 5 million for the Amazon Rainforest Fires
- » The EU Allocates € 100 Billion to the European Future Fund to Boost the European Business
- » A 2-Year-Old Child Was Attacked by a Tiger at a Thai Zoo
- » The Hotel in Which the Two Britons Who Died of Legionnaires' Disease Stayed, Is Being Checked