Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today Marks 102 Years Since the Treaty of Neuily
- » Health Minister Katsarov's Promised 1 Million Tests for Students turned out to be 168,800
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed
- » Governor of New York has Issued a State of Emergency because of the New Covid Variant
- » Expert: News about New Variant “Omicron” are Concerning, but This is Not the End of the World
- » Pfizer and Moderna expect Data on Vaccine Protection against New Covid Variant Soon