Greek Police Busts Bulgarian Baby Trafficking Ring
The Greek police busted a ring for trafficking babies from Bulgaria, reports the bTV national channel.
It arrested seven people, of which three a Bulgarian citizens.
Two Greek police officers, posing as a childless family contacted in August a Greek woman who offered to help them adopt a baby from Bulgaria. Several days ago she contacted them and told them she found a mother willing to sell them her baby for EUR 10 000.
At the meeting in the Greek town of Trikala between the mother and the “family” were present two other Bulgarian citizens. After the money and the baby changed hands, the police arrested the intermediary and the three Bulgarian citizens.
Later were arrested three more Greeks – a doctor, a lawyer and a notary who are also allegedly part of the baby trafficking ring. All arrested were accused of illegal adoption and participation in an organised criminal group.
According to the police, the arrested were involved in at least 11 cases of trafficking of babies from Bulgaria. Leader of the group was one of the arrested Bulgarian citizens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven