Number of Refugees in Bulgaria Doubles in 2014
The refugee influx to Bulgaria doubled in the last few months, the State Agency for Refugees informs.
According to Vasil Varbanov, deputy chairman of the Agency, Bulgaria can receive some 6 thousand migrants.
Currently the number of refugees accommodated in the country is 2,843. If the influx is larger and it lasts longer, the Refugee Agency is ready to open new centers for another 800 persons, Varbanov said for Bulgarian National Television.
Since the beginning of the year, the number of asylum seekers in Bulgaria has reached 6,443, compared with the total number of 7,144 people in 2013.
- » Around 500 Bulgarian Doctors Leave the Country every Year
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » Bulgaria Reports Bird Flu Outbreak on Two Farms in South
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Foreign Affairs Minister: Bulgarians in the UK have Nothing to Worry About
- » Children Opened an Exhibition of Tolerance in Bulgaria’s Parliament