Number of Refugees in Bulgaria Doubles in 2014
The refugee influx to Bulgaria doubled in the last few months, the State Agency for Refugees informs.
According to Vasil Varbanov, deputy chairman of the Agency, Bulgaria can receive some 6 thousand migrants.
Currently the number of refugees accommodated in the country is 2,843. If the influx is larger and it lasts longer, the Refugee Agency is ready to open new centers for another 800 persons, Varbanov said for Bulgarian National Television.
Since the beginning of the year, the number of asylum seekers in Bulgaria has reached 6,443, compared with the total number of 7,144 people in 2013.
- » Cyprus Launches a Mass Tree Planting Campaign
- » Archaeologists Find a Marble Slab with a Greek Inscription Dedicated to the Cult of the Virgin Mary
- » It Will Be Sunny Today, around and after Noon - Hot
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS