Number of Refugees in Bulgaria Doubles in 2014
The refugee influx to Bulgaria doubled in the last few months, the State Agency for Refugees informs.
According to Vasil Varbanov, deputy chairman of the Agency, Bulgaria can receive some 6 thousand migrants.
Currently the number of refugees accommodated in the country is 2,843. If the influx is larger and it lasts longer, the Refugee Agency is ready to open new centers for another 800 persons, Varbanov said for Bulgarian National Television.
Since the beginning of the year, the number of asylum seekers in Bulgaria has reached 6,443, compared with the total number of 7,144 people in 2013.
- » People Who Live in Small Towns Are Happier
- » You Will Live Longer If You Sleep More on Saturdays and Sundays
- » People are More Productive When Weather Is Bad
- » Every Fourth Bulgarian Reads a Book every day. Every third - never
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth