Meteorologists: Winter Would Be Milder
This winter in Bulgaria would be milder than usual, meteorologist Ivailo Slavov told Nova TV, refuting forecasts that temperatures will drop to -40°C.
“Each autumn we have blooming trees and shrubs and folk wisdom claims that this means winter will be very cold, but in the past years there was no such thing,” he said. “The claims that this winter temperatures will drop to -40°C are absurd.”
According to him, the forecasts of the large meteorological centres suggest that temperatures and precipitation in October in November will be around the norm. December in and January would be a bit warmer than usual. February would be cold as usual, while in March precipitation would be a bit higher than normal.
Another meteorologist, Simeon Matev, told the TV7 national channel that he expects to be warmer than usual with a proper Indian summer after October 26.
He also said that end of September and the beginning of October will be most likely warm and sunny.
According to him, the weather in December and January would be mild, but February would be colder.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"
- » Europe and the US in Sweltering Heat, 50 Degrees in Iraq
- » Over 1,000 killed in Spain's Heatwave
- » Bulgaria: The Weather will get Hotter in the coming days
- » Bulgaria: Extreme Danger of Fires Today
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria