Israel Claims to Have Shot Down Syrian Aircraft
World | September 23, 2014, Tuesday // 11:04
Photo by EPA/BGNES
The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) says in a statement it downed a Syrian jet in mid-flight.
The vehicle had "infiltrated into Israeli airspace" as it was detected over Quneitra near Israeli border, the statement quoted by the Jerusalem Post suggests.
Debris reportedly fell in the Syrian part of the Golan Heights.
The Syrian jet "was a Russian-made Sukhoi," according to a military spokesman.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Majority of the Bulgarian Community in Zaporizhzhia is under Occupation
- » Day 471 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is waging a Counteroffensive on at least 3 Fronts
- » Member States agreed on "Fair Distribution" of Refugees and Migrants in the EU
- » Charges have been Filed against former US President Donald Trump
- » Turkey is preparing to take command of NATO forces in Kosovo
- » The Eurozone was in Recession in the First Quarter of 2023