Bulgaria, Azerbaijan Sign 2 Agreements on Gas Projects
Bulgaria and Azerbaijan have signed two gas cooperation agreements, according to a media statement of the Ministry of Economy and Energy.
Under a memorandum between Bulgarian gas transmission operator Bulgartransgaz and the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), the two companies will conduct joint exploration activities for the expansion of the Bulgarian underground gas storage near Chiren.
The other document is a Letter of Intent which envisages talks between SOCAR and state-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz on gas deliveries to Bulgaria via the Greece-Bulgaria gas grid interconnection as of 2017.
The two documents were signed during the visit of Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev to Baku, where he attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the southern Gas Corridor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » Bulgaria is Ending the Derogation for Russian Oil?
- » Eurostat: Nearly a Quarter of Bulgarians Fail to Heat their Homes Sufficiently
- » Bulgaria is considering Giving Up Russian Oil: Fuel Prices - Unchanged?
- » The Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office is Investigating Collusion and Illegal Schemes around TurkStream