Bulgaria, Azerbaijan Sign 2 Agreements on Gas Projects
Bulgaria and Azerbaijan have signed two gas cooperation agreements, according to a media statement of the Ministry of Economy and Energy.
Under a memorandum between Bulgarian gas transmission operator Bulgartransgaz and the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), the two companies will conduct joint exploration activities for the expansion of the Bulgarian underground gas storage near Chiren.
The other document is a Letter of Intent which envisages talks between SOCAR and state-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz on gas deliveries to Bulgaria via the Greece-Bulgaria gas grid interconnection as of 2017.
The two documents were signed during the visit of Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev to Baku, where he attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the southern Gas Corridor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Politico": No Sanctions against Russian Nuclear Energy - Because of Bulgaria
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas
- » "Bulgargaz" announces Tenders for the Supply of Liquefied Gas until 2034
- » Bulgaria is Giving Up on Long-Term Supplies from Gazprom
- » Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection will be Operational from October 1
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: We Received a Response from Gazprom