Burgas Miners End Strike
Coal miners’ striking at an underground pit near Burgas over wage arrears have ended their protest action, state-run Bulgarian National Radio reported on Friday.
Some 60 miners, who had spent more than 40 hours 300 metres below ground to demand unpaid wages for two months, emerged from the pit after their demand was met.
Earlier in the day two of the miners taking part in strike at Cherno More pit were taken to hospital complaining of hypertension and heart problems.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?