Burgas Miners End Strike
Coal miners’ striking at an underground pit near Burgas over wage arrears have ended their protest action, state-run Bulgarian National Radio reported on Friday.
Some 60 miners, who had spent more than 40 hours 300 metres below ground to demand unpaid wages for two months, emerged from the pit after their demand was met.
Earlier in the day two of the miners taking part in strike at Cherno More pit were taken to hospital complaining of hypertension and heart problems.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price
- » 32,000 Barrels of Fuel reach Ukraine from Bulgaria Every Day
- » Bulgarian MPs Banned the Export of Crude Oil and Oil Products from Russia
- » By the End of 2024, Bulgaria will be able to Import Russian Crude Oil
- » Protest in Sofia under the slogan "To Protect Bulgaria’s Energy Security"