China, India Sign Landmark USD 20 B Deals
Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to India has resulted in a number of deals between the two countries in the fields of infrastructure, energy and industrial zones.
Xi met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi as Delhi and Beijing are embroiled in recent border dispute.
High-speed railroads are now to be built in India under the new deals, and cooperation in the aerospace and telecoms industry is to be boosted, Bloomberg has reported.
China and India are to work closer on the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
Trade turnover between the two neighbors, home to nearly a third of the world's population, has skyrocketed to USD 70 B (as of last year), from just USD 1 B in 2001.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Head of the OECD Proposes Bulgaria to Join the Organization
- » Chinese Corporation willing to Invest in Bulgarian Railways BDZ
- » France 'to Terminate Contract' with Russia on Mistrale Warships
- » EU, US Hold New Round of Talks on Proposed Free Trade Agreement
- » France Still in Talks with Russia over Mistral Warships
- » Bulgarian Economy Could Suffer EUR 800 M Losses Over Greek Tax Policies