Bulgaria Threatens to Terminate Contract for Struma Motorway Lot 4 with Greece’s Aktor
Bulgaria will terminate the contract with Greek company Aktor for Lot 4 of the Struma motorway unless it makes a commitment to complete it in 3-4 months, according to caretaker Transport Minister Nikolina Angelkova.
Angelkova explained in a Thursday interview for the Bulgarian National Radio that talks were underway with the contractor.
She said that an on-site inspection of the managing authority would determine whether the recommendations had been fulfilled and whether it was necessary to terminate the contract.
Angelkova assured that it was possible for the company to complete the motorway section Sandanski – Kulata in 3-4 months.
She said that the state could not afford to wait any longer because a new public procurement procedure had to start right away in order to make sure that work would resume after the end of winter.
Angelkova explained that this would also allow the state to absorb the guarantee amounting to 10%.
The completion of the 16km Lot 4 of the Struma motorway was awarded to Greek company Aktor, whose bid was the lowest, at BGN 67.176 M, VAT included.
The launch of the motorway section was postponed several times, the latest deadline being October 2014, due to the need to move engineered structures, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
However, recent inspections showed that no construction works were underway at the site.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Bulgaria: The Price of Sunflower Oil is Expected to Decrease
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest
- » Bulgaria Adopted Today its Recovery and Sustainability Plan
- » Protests of Miners and Workers in the Energy Sector Blocked the Center of Sofia