Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt OKs Financial Corrections of BGN 152 M under OP Environment
Bulgaria’s caretaker government has approved financial corrections worth BGN 152 M under operational program “Environment.”
In a bid to achieve the unblocking of frozen payments under operational program “Environment”, Bulgaria’s caretaker government approved the proposal of the European Commission for financial corrections amounting to BGN 152 916 261, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The financial corrections amount to 9.5% of the value of contracts included in the batch of 239 contracts which were examined.
The sum was calculated on the basis of the results of the work of the Managing Authority, the Certifying Authority and the EC.
The financial corrections are to be paid in 2014 and the following years.
The EC froze payments to Bulgaria under operational program “Environment” in November 2013 due to public procurement irregularities in the period 2010-2013.
Apart from losses of EU funding under operational program “Environment”, Bulgaria also faces EU funds losses under operational program “Regional Development.”
In April 2014, the EC froze payments to Bulgaria under two axes of the program concerning development of tourism and civil infrastructure. The move was explained yet again with flawed public procurement procedures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » How to Launch a Small Business in Today’s Economic Climate